Can I take levaquin with amoxcillin for treating chlamydia?
User rating for this question
I recently was prescribed amoxcillin for strep throat, however im also concerned I may have bacterial vaginosis, or even chlamydia, I am wondering if my doctor will still prescribe another antibiotic even though Im already taking one... also is levaquin a standard antibiotic used to treat chlamydia?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa -8 hours later
Brief Answer: Levaquin is a standard antibiotic Detailed Answer: Hello, Amoxycillin is more effective against streptococci but if there is a suspicion of chlamydia or vaginal infection, most commonly prescribed are azithromycin or doxycycline. levaquin is a standard antibiotic under the category enteroquinolones . My personal preference for chlamydia is Doxycycline 100 mg two times a day for 7 days though. Hope this is helpful DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
People also viewed
- Will levaquin leva pak treat infection, chlamydia ?
- 10 to 15 microscopic pus cells stool
- Will tetralysal treat chlamydia
- How to cure tpha positive
- Does salvon cure herpes
- Herpes cure in tamilnadu
- Does testosterone cure herpes
- Does levaquin treat chlamydia
- Is testosterone used to cure herpes
- Fever 385 10 year old
- Can type 1 diabetics drink pepsi
- Leptos 10 500mg medicine content
- Can i take levaquin with amoxcillin for treating chlamydia
- How long does it take to treat chlamydia
- Follicular study 10 th day 94