Can I take levaquin with amoxcillin for treating chlamydia?

I recently was prescribed amoxcillin for strep throat, however im also concerned I may have bacterial vaginosis, or even chlamydia, I am wondering if my doctor will still prescribe another antibiotic even though Im already taking one... also is levaquin a standard antibiotic used to treat chlamydia?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa -8 hours later
Brief Answer: Levaquin is a standard antibiotic Detailed Answer: Hello, Amoxycillin is more effective against streptococci but if there is a suspicion of chlamydia or vaginal infection, most commonly prescribed are azithromycin or doxycycline. levaquin is a standard antibiotic under the category enteroquinolones . My personal preference for chlamydia is Doxycycline 100 mg two times a day for 7 days though. Hope this is helpful DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA