Can I take levaquin with amoxcillin for treating chlamydia?
User rating for this question
I recently was prescribed amoxcillin for strep throat, however im also concerned I may have bacterial vaginosis, or even chlamydia, I am wondering if my doctor will still prescribe another antibiotic even though Im already taking one... also is levaquin a standard antibiotic used to treat chlamydia?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa -8 hours later
Brief Answer: Levaquin is a standard antibiotic Detailed Answer: Hello, Amoxycillin is more effective against streptococci but if there is a suspicion of chlamydia or vaginal infection, most commonly prescribed are azithromycin or doxycycline. levaquin is a standard antibiotic under the category enteroquinolones . My personal preference for chlamydia is Doxycycline 100 mg two times a day for 7 days though. Hope this is helpful DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
People also viewed
- Will levaquin leva pak treat infection, chlamydia ?
- Will tetralysal treat chlamydia
- Stomach bloated and hard followed by difficulty in breathing symptom
- Does levaquin treat chlamydia
- Spotting 16 days after period
- Spinal bruise
- Rectum and scrotum itch
- Sore nipple on one breast sticking out constantly
- Can i take levaquin with amoxcillin for treating chlamydia
- White spots on palm itch
- Penis itches tip red
- Slight itch at opening of penis
- How long does it take to treat chlamydia
- Is heart disease classed as a disability
- Light itch in urethra