Can I take lemsip for cold and headache?

Hi I've got a really bad cold and headache. It won't get better . I've been taking ramipril for a few weeks now. Can I take lemsip or similar to help me get better?
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cold needs A little care, No worries Detailed Answer: Hello there! Thank you for asking. I read your concern about the cold and headaches. I want you to know that the medication Ramipril is not even the one for cold which i am sure you know. It is an ACE inhibitor used for Hypertension. Now your question for lemsip, so yes it is an over the counter cold and flu remedies and you can take it. Hot beverages and some decongestants, SOme antihistamines with acetaminophens are all you need. Don't worry at all. Even if you don't take any thing, these illnesses have the tendency to self resolve in a week or two at most. Good Luck. Hope i answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask other wise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Take some very good care of yourself. Regards S Khan
Follow-up: Can I take lemsip for cold and headache? 4 hours later
Thanks for getting back to me, so basically are you saying that being on ramipril for high blood pressure lemsip or cold remedies will be ok
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes they will be Detailed Answer: Hello again! Yes i exactly meant the same. Ramipril is ACE inhibitor. if your hypertension is controlled then you need nothing to worry about. continue the precautionary measures and stay in touch with your physician to avoid catastrophies of uncontrolled BP. Rest assured Cold and cough and flu remedies will be sufficient to get you through. Good Luck with your health and may the odds be ever in your favour. It was my pleasure to help you and sort out the best possible path for you. I request you to kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Regards Dr. S XXXXXXX