Can I take ipill without having sex?

hi. am nt sure if i had sex or nt. should i take ipil to be on safe side. or if i take ipil without sex will that cause any harm
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vijay Varma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Better to take the pill Detailed Answer: Hello madam, Thanks for your query. From the history you have given, since you are not sure about the event it is better to take the i pill as even a small amount of semen on the vagina make cause the sperms to ascend to the cervix. A single pill will not alter your menstrual cycle. Only the initial one or two cycles may be little irregular . It has to be taken within 72 hrs of unprotected sexual intercourse. Hope I was helpful to you. Take care.