Can I take hydrocodone-chlorphenirman and Percocet at the same time?.
User rating for this question
Can I take hydrocodone-chlorphenirman and Percocet at the same time? While I am taking Percocet for pain related to knee replacement, on 12-29 ER dr. prescribed Percocet for pain from kidney stone. While in ER it took 2 doses of morphine to ease the pain. Tonight I began having pain in same place as 12-29. I have the Percocet but it is not easing the pain. I'm wondering if I can take the hydrocodone to help relax and ease pain.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: both the drugs are essentially the same Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about the recurring pain. Percocet and Hydrocodone have similar potent analgesic effects in the first hour of treatment for acute pain like yours. They are essentially the same belonging to the group of narcotic analgesics. If you have taken Percocet already, I suggest you to wait for an hour or so. You can take hydrocodone if you do not feel the relief after about another 2 hours. Please get the kidney stone looked into by your surgeon as removal of the stone is the ultimate treatment for taking away the pain. In any case, if your pain is not subsiding, it is better to go to the ER again. Wish you recover quickly.
People also viewed
- What is the cause of itchiness when on levofloxacin
- Cetraben emollient antiseptic lotion
- Does the usage of chronic marijuana usage cause heart problems
- Hydrocodone vs percocet stronger
- Antitubercular mechanism
- Sterility causing antitubercular drug
- Hydrocodone acetaminophen vs percocet
- Percocet and hydrocodone
- Antitubercular drugs recent update
- What are the effects of overdosing sleeping pills
- 10 325 hydrocodone vs percocet
- Oxycodone vs hydrocodone percocet
- Does there interact escitalopram oxalate trazo-done bupropion hydrochloride hydrocoacetaminop
- Trying to conceive with antithrombin 3
- Can discontinuity in taking akt3 tablets cause problems