Can I take garcinia cambogia along with venlafaxine and lamotrigine?

Yes please! Would it be safe to take garcinia cambogia with venlafaxine and lamotrigine; and would it be effective? Yours sincerely, Judith.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: I do not advise Detailed Answer: Hi, Though there is no written literature about Garcinia cambogia interactions with Lamotrigine and Velafaxine, I personally do not advise to take it while you take these prescription drugs. Garcinia Cambogia has been known to increase serotonin levels which is contradicting the use of Venlafaxine. This supplement has natural iron which reduces the absorption of many drugs. It also lowers the blood sugar levels and may not be a good choice in a person who is already dependent on Lamotrigine for daily life. Hope this helps.