Can I take gabapentin along with baclofen for sciatic pain in left leg?

Nov 2013

have severe sciatic pain in left leg for two weeks...spasms as well cant cough or sneeze without pain radiating down back of taking baclofen 10 mgs per day. started yesterday some relief..can I also take gabapentin at the same time...
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. The pain in your case is due to the pinched nerve in the lower back region due to slipped discs. Gabapentin and pregabalin capsules are the drugs of choice to relieve this pain. So, you can start one of them to get relief from sciatic pain. These medications can be safely used along with baclofen. I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow-up queries. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist