Can I take femilon after taking Primolut and what is the best birth control method with low side affects?

Hi, I am a recently married woman. I sometimes use Primolut-n tablet for postponing the periods for few days. Is taking Primolut-n many times going to cause any problem? Are there any side affects of using it more. Also, my doctor adviced me to take Femilon as contraceptive pills, can I take femilon tablets after few days of taking Primolut-n. I see there are a number of side affects with using femilon, and the alternative pills are yamini. Please suggest which one is better in terms of less side affects and effectiveness in birth control. Is IUT(loop) work for only woman who have delivered babe atleaset once. If it is adviceable to newly married woman also, please advice. And I would like to know which is the best birth control method with low side affects. Thanks
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: bc pills Detailed Answer: Hello, In a newly married woman, without any children, i would advise using pills first. There are many types of pills these days in the market. You can try a few and see which one suits you better. Of the two you mentioned, Femilon is a good brand. It may take a few weeks for it to adjust to your system. I dont recommend using primolut and femilon together. There will be menstrual irregularities and you wont be protected. Its not that the IUD is contraindicated. You can definitely use it also. But its more suitable for those with a child. About bc pills, the side effects last a few weeks only. Once your body adjusts, its better and effective.
Follow-up: Can I take femilon after taking Primolut and what is the best birth control method with low side affects? 8 minutes later
Thank you so much Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Also, I would like to know if I want to concieve after using the contraceptive pills for few months, will the usage of contraceptive pills has any negative affect on fertilitiy? Should I use any other course of tablets when we want to concieve?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: no effect on fertility Detailed Answer: Using oc pills will affect fertility. Once you stop using them, fertility should return within a few months. If you dont have any period problems before, then there should not be any problems later. I cannot comment on whether you will need any drugs to concieve later, since that will depend on on your cycles at that time. Normally, with a regular cycle history, no problems are anticipated.