Can I take combiflam for throat pain while taking dolo and rinostat for viral fever?

Question
Hello, I'm having viral fever/cold for the past 3 days. I'm taking just Dolo and Rinostat. My upper part of my throat is paining due to cold. Can I take combiflam for relief ? Thanks
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Combiflam shall reduce the pain Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Greetings! Welcome to Healthcare-Magic. Please note that the pain in your upper part of throat is due to congestion, which is commonly seen in upper respiratory tract infections. Tablet Combiflam can be safely taken. This shall reduce pain. Since Combiflam contains Paracetamol too (as similar to Dolo), you may only take Combiflam and Rinostat. In addition to the above 2 tablets, in order to reduce congestion, I would suggest you to: 1. Warm saline water gargling 3 to 5 times per day 2. Warm milk with little amount of turmeric powder, few Tulsi leaves and small pinch of pepper powder along with sugar, if consumed warm/hot shall do wonders in reducing the congestion. Wish you speedy recovery. Take care. Do let me know if you need any further assistance. I would be glad to support you. Best regards, Dr. T. Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD

Follow-up: Can I take combiflam for throat pain while taking dolo and rinostat for viral fever? 8 hours later
Doctor Thank you, your advice was helpful. Regards XXXXXXX XXXX

Brief Answer: Wishing you speedy recovery Detailed Answer: Namaste Greetings Dear XXXXXXX Wishing you a happy and healthy Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak