Can I take calcium supplements when suffering from continuous heel pain?

Hi, I am having continuous heel pain during night time from last 3-4 months. I have got the blood test done and calcium and B12 are close to lower limits. Just wanted to ask if its ok to start calcium supplements...If yes how long should I continue taking these supplements ? Thanks, -XXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Yes, heal pain is caused commonly due to lack of calcium and the vitamins. Taking supplements would be necessary to get rid of the pain and also to avoid other symptoms which can be expected. You may have to take both Calcium and Vitamin B complex for a minimum period of three months. Regards,