Can I take cabogolin on second day of menstrual cycle and how to improve my chances of conception?

Mar 2016

Hello I have a prolonged irregular periods before n after marriage . Found pcos in two scans n ultra done in gap of 1 -2 years gap. From Oct2013 I am on metformin(500) twice a day to thrice a day. Cabergoline 0.25 once a week from nov to till now. As it is my second day of periods so I have consumed siphene -100 ( will continue till 5th day. Should I take cabogolin today ( on my 2nd day) after bed.? I am on metadormin already.. Iron tab going on already due to defficiency found six month back..will start folic acid tab soon. Any advise to conceive please. Thanks
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: YOU CAN TAKE CABGOLIN TODAY. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on XXXXXXX Irregular period occurs due to hormonal imbalance, caused by PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) which leads to infertility due to improper ovulation. For successful conception, you would need to follow these suggestions: 1) You need to have a regular cycle with proper ovulation. For this, you should continue above prescribed medication like Metformin 500 mg to overcome insulin resistance. Progesterone pill may be required from D16 to D25 to regularize your monthly cycle. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this. 2) For proper ovulation, you need to take Siphene (ovulation induction drug) from D2 as prescribed. Along with, you should undergo serial follicular study (D12 to D16) or you can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) in the middle of each cycle. It helps to track down your ovulation. To maximize the chance of pregnancy, you should involve in unprotected sex close to ovulation time or fertile days. 3) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after. 4) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness and to reduce or control body weight. Avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style. CABERGOLINE: It is a dopamine receptor agonist and used to treat high levels of prolactin hormone either due to pituitary tumors or unknown causes. You can take the medicine (CABGOLIN 0.25) on 2nd day of cycle (once a week). There is NO cross reaction with other drugs. Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW