Can I take bronchial support containing fenugreek, marshmallow and mullein with a history of ischemic heart disease?

I take clopidegrel, 75mg, trazodone,50mg, aspirin 81 mg, loratidine, 10 mg. My question is , can I take a herbal, bronchial support product that containsNAC, 300mg, Fenugreek, 100mg, marshmallow,100mg. mullein,100mg,skullcap,80mg,PABA50mg, watercress50mg, garlic, onion, turnip,all30mg, thyme,10mg
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please avoid this bronchial support. Detailed Answer: Dear patient. Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question. You have a history of ischemic heart disease with 3 stents in situ. You are taking aspirin and clopidogrel as blood thinners to keep the stent patents. The bronchial support you have quoted contains 3 ingredients : Fenugreek, Thyme and Onion which interact with Aspirin and Clopidogrel. These ingredients make blood thin as well. This will increase your chances of having a spontaneous bleed in the brain. Marshmallow is also an ingredient which acts as drug binder. This will reduce the absorption of other drugs taken with this supplement. Interactions of other ingredients like NAC, PABA, mullein, watercress, skullcap are not known or not relevant in your clinical scenario. Given these above interactions I would recommend you not to take this supplement. We do not want to land into spontaneous brain hemorrhage which can be quite catastrophic. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker