Can I take ayurvedic medicine for stroke while taking chemotherapy treatment for cancer?

Ayurveda Specialist
Can a cancer patient taking chemo is suffering from stroke as well, can she take any ayurved medicine?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Incidence of ischemic stroke post-chemotherapy Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda for Management and Preventive Aspect related with the health concern and following guidelines are to be followed and to be observed which I usually give to my patient(s) visiting/asking for the same. 1. since stroke is during the treatment course, thus it will be worth mentioning from your side that is stroke because of chemotherapy or as an independent cause?? [high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, deep vein thrombosis] 2. any of the following risk factors in the patient apart from chemotherapy .Decreased mobility [bed rest],Indwelling catheter, over weight?? PS. chemotherapy causes the platelet count to go low [which help in controlling bleeding], so make sure BT [bleeding time] and platelet count values are within normal range] which may cause hemorrhagic stroke, secondly malignancy [for which chemo is given] can cause blood to become more prone to clotting, which may lead to ischemic stroke . So let me know which type of Stroke did the doctors diagnosed. 3. regarding taking Ayurved medicine [as stated by you]: NO she can't take medicine without prior examination with an Ayurveda physician regarding her present condition since neurological disability and Stage of Chemotherapy [if any] is not mentioned. In the mean time you can follow the following Ayurveda Regime 1. Take: old brown rice, horse gram, black gram, brinjal, garlic, pomegranate, mango, lemon, almonds, black grapes, ghee, oil, black sesame, milk, coconut water, tamarind, butter milk, liquid jaggery, salad,fresh fruits. 2. Avoid: peas [all types], yellow dal, moong dal, beans, bitter gourd, leafy vegetables, jamun, betel nut, honey, contaminated water, salt, tea, spices, deep fried items. 3. mix 100 gram of covered kidney bean [urad dal] and dried ginger in 2 cup milk and drink daily for 1 month [if facial weakness is not there] Please revert back with your concerns for Ayurveda Management. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika Clinic
Follow-up: Can I take ayurvedic medicine for stroke while taking chemotherapy treatment for cancer? 15 minutes later
Thanks a lot :)
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your prompt reply to my consultation, best of bestest wishes for a speedy recovery. Dr. Munish Sood Naimittika