Can I take atorvastatin 20 or lipikind 20 instead of storvas 20mg?

Respected doctor,
For my heart treatment [Left Bundle Branch Block, Low ejection fraction 30%], I have been prescribed 'TABLETS STOREVAS 20mg DAILY ONCE], but I am not getting the same tablets in our market, instead I get 'ATORVASTATIN 20 or LIPIKIND 20 Tablets.
Please tell; What is the difference? Can I use 'ATORVASTATIN 20 or LIPIKIND 20 Tablets?
Similarly instead of Tablets Telma, can I use '(Telmisartan)- TELMIKIND 20' tABLETS ?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
To simplify pls read this.

1. ATORVOSTATIN- this is the active ingredient. There are enough companies manufacturing this and hence the TRADE names vary.
For example ATORVA/STORVAS/LIPIKIND have atorvastatin as the active medicine.

2. TELMISARTAN- IS the active ingredient. Some trade names are TELMA/TELMIKIND.

Further, consider the example of PARACETAMOL given for fever and headache - which is the active ingredient in CROCIN/METACIN/ CALPOL.
Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts if any.
Best Regards