Can I take antihistamines atarax with armour thyroid medicine?

can I take my antihistamines , atarax with my armour thyroid medications ?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: To the best of my knowledge there is no known major interaction between antihistamines/atarax with armour thyroid medication. However it is generally recommended to take thyroid medication away from food or other medications to allow optimal absorption of thyroid medications like armour. Furthermore I will say that thyroid experts and guidelines advise against the use of armour thyroid for treatment of hypothyroidism. Levothyroxine is the preferred agent