Can I take another sinarest tablet for continuous sneezing and running nose?

Hi, I am been sneezing incessantly for the past 4 hrs or so. Running nose, Unable to sleep (I am in India and its 4 am now). I took one sinarest tablet 30 min ago. Is it advisable to take another just now? Would taking another help at all ?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes you can take a second dose. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The continuous sneezing that you are having is likely to be due to allergic rhinitis. Taking another dose of sinarest might be helpful in decreasing the symptoms to some extent. There are some general measures that can help you in reducing the problem- 1. Avoid dust, excessive humidity, sudden change in temperatures and any known allergen. 2. Do not take sinarest more then three times a day. 3. Use XXXXXXX warm water for drinking. 4. Take steam inhalation twice daily - Take hot water in a vessel, put eucalyptus oil in it. Inhale it by covering yourself with a blanket. See to it that fans/AC are not on during this and after some time also i.e. around 10-15 minutes. 5. Avoid all irritants like perfumes, soot, etc. 6.Application of warm cloth, hot water bottle or gel pack to face for 5-10 minutes will also help. 7.Use nasal decongestant or steroid drops or sprays for decongestion which encourages drainage. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL