Can I take another Diltiazem for irregular heart beat?

My name is XXXXXXX XXXX. I am an RN. I take Diltiazem 24 hr ER 240 mg for irregular heart beat. I took my regular med tonight about 9pm. Right now I am having irregular heart beat that will not stop with my usual cough that I do when I have break through type irregular beating. I am not having chest pain. I did have some transient pain in my neck on the right side about an hour or so ago, it was a stabbing type pain that radiated down to like a nerve in the right side of my upper chest. No heart pain. Can I take another Diltiazem?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested to go to ER immediately.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am concerned. The pain you have seems to be a possible atypical angina to me. I request you to the go to the nearest ER as soon as possible. If you have nitroglycerine, please take one tablet under your tongue and go to ER immediately. Dr.Benard