Can I take alcohol after donating blood?

Hello, I am donating blood tommorrow at 8:00 a.m. I will be attending a function later that day[About 12 hrs. later] can i consume any alcohol..I will not be driving!!!]
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can consume alcohol, but in moderation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question.

You can donate blood, which is a noble thing to do and I congratulate you for doing that.

Yes, you can consume alcohol 12 hours after the blood donation, I see no problem with that except that the alcohol consumption should be in moderate amounts.

But be sure not to consume alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to donating blood.

Hope this answers your question, any further questions are most welcome.

Thank you for doing a great deed.

Warm regards,