Can I take a double dosage of seroquel from the prescribed amount?

I'm on a low dose of Seroquel, at 25mg a tablet. My body has become used to this and the pill is no longer taking my edge off. Until I get to the doctors office to up my dose, can I take two pills to the dosage they would prescribe me?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Radhika 22 minutes later

Do not increase the dose of Seroquel without taking the advice of your psychiatrist.

The pill might be showing decreased effect now, but by increasing the dosage to double there are chances of increasing your blood pressure,cholestrol and sugar level.

Also there will be increased effect of drowsiness which can be fatal especially when you are driving. I hence do not recommend increasing the dose.

You will have to consult your psychiatrist before stopping or doubling drugs like Seroquel ( or any bipolar disease drugs,antianxiety) because they can cause side effects.

Hope my answer is adequate, i will be available for follow up should you have any more concern.