Can I take Whey protein when on warfarin for multiple Pulmonary Embolism?

Hey, on warfarin for multiple PE....can I take Whey protein? If I can...what sort of things should I look for in regards to its ingredients (that I can/cannot take)?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: To be avoided if contains Vitamin K Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, Thanks for writing to us. While on warfarin one should avoid anything that contains Vitamin K. We advice specifically not to consume green leafy vegetables as they interact with warfarin. Whey protein supplements might be containing vitamins and minerals, if you are sure your supplement doesn't contain Vitamin K, it's all right to take it. Other thing you need to consider is your cause for pulmonary embolism. In case you have a kidney problem, high protein diet will harm your kidneys. So, make sure before you take any product, verify absence of Vitamin K in the product first and then use it. Wish you good health. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you have any other query , ask me.