Can I take Whey protein when on warfarin for multiple Pulmonary Embolism?
User rating for this question
Hey, on warfarin for multiple PE....can I take Whey protein? If I can...what sort of things should I look for in regards to its ingredients (that I can/cannot take)?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: To be avoided if contains Vitamin K Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, Thanks for writing to us. While on warfarin one should avoid anything that contains Vitamin K. We advice specifically not to consume green leafy vegetables as they interact with warfarin. Whey protein supplements might be containing vitamins and minerals, if you are sure your supplement doesn't contain Vitamin K, it's all right to take it. Other thing you need to consider is your cause for pulmonary embolism. In case you have a kidney problem, high protein diet will harm your kidneys. So, make sure before you take any product, verify absence of Vitamin K in the product first and then use it. Wish you good health. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you have any other query , ask me.
People also viewed
- When can i fly after a pulmonary embolism
- Does frenulum effect the size
- Reasons the heart stops
- Frenxit tablet side effects
- Heart wall thickening reasons
- Heart rate when first waking up
- Warfarin and heart rate
- Effects of tiredness from house fumes
- Can i take activase for pulmonary embolism?
- Multiple pulmonary embolism
- Fruta planta side effects spotting
- Mum on warfarin for pulmonary embolism now very sleepy
- Suggest alternative of warfarin for dvt and pulmonary embolism
- Sapota fruit side effects
- What is an unsafe heart rate