Can I take Whey protein when on warfarin for multiple Pulmonary Embolism?
User rating for this question
Hey, on warfarin for multiple PE....can I take Whey protein? If I can...what sort of things should I look for in regards to its ingredients (that I can/cannot take)?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: To be avoided if contains Vitamin K Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, Thanks for writing to us. While on warfarin one should avoid anything that contains Vitamin K. We advice specifically not to consume green leafy vegetables as they interact with warfarin. Whey protein supplements might be containing vitamins and minerals, if you are sure your supplement doesn't contain Vitamin K, it's all right to take it. Other thing you need to consider is your cause for pulmonary embolism. In case you have a kidney problem, high protein diet will harm your kidneys. So, make sure before you take any product, verify absence of Vitamin K in the product first and then use it. Wish you good health. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you have any other query , ask me.
People also viewed
- Chest pain after climbing stairs
- When can i fly after a pulmonary embolism
- Can i take activase for pulmonary embolism?
- Mild chest pain after roller coaster
- Itching due to hydrocodone
- Chemical imbalance after open heart surgery
- Multiple pulmonary embolism
- Chest pain after chocking
- Mum on warfarin for pulmonary embolism now very sleepy
- Chest pain after chest compressions
- Lumbar epidural steroid injection blood in stool
- Suggest alternative of warfarin for dvt and pulmonary embolism
- Lump with black middle
- Lump months after bruise
- Lung cancer tailbone hurting rash