Can I take Viagra if I am on Bisoprolol Fumarate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014
Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Can I take Viagra if I am on daily 1.25 mg Bisoprolol Fumarate. I am 74 yrs old.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Bisoprolol fumarate is a good medicine used in hypertension. Viagra consists of sildenafil and it works by increasing the blood flow to penis and causing vasodilatation. If considered pharmacologically there is no contraindication in taking these medicines together. But just keep a watch on your blood pressure and if possible keep a gap of at least 2-3 hours in between medicines. Consult your doctor for any severe variation in BP.

Viagra should not be taken with Nitroglycerine which is a medicine used in heart failure and some times in severely high BP. This drug is absolutely contraindicated with viagra.

Hope this helps you, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Thanks