Can I take Metronidazole and Fluconazole before an endoscopy?

I am scheduled for an endoscopy on Tues. but was diagnosed with a yeast infection today. can i take metronidazole and fluconazole less an a week before the procedure??
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you can take them... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query very carefully. Yes you can take the metronidazole and fluconazole less than a week from the procedure. Because the endoscopy isn't related to the medication you are taking. The only thing that you should keep in mind is don't eat dinner the nigh before procedure and drink plenty of water. Hope it was of help! Dr. KLerida
Follow-up: Can I take Metronidazole and Fluconazole before an endoscopy? 57 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Wishing all the best..... Detailed Answer: Hi again, I am glad to know that my answer was helpfull. Wishing you all the best. Dr.Klerida