Can I take I-pill to prevent pregnancy while taking primolut n?

Question
Can I take I-pill to prevent pregnancy while taking primolut n??
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
While taking primolut N you can take i-pill within first 24 hours of the unprotected sex to get the best efficacy.
This can cause minor side effects like nausea, headache, mild irregular spotting and a delay in the periods.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Can I take I-pill to prevent pregnancy while taking primolut n? 10 minutes later
Thanks for the answer. Just also wanted to know if primolut n can itself act like a contraceptive or will still I need to take precautions while having sex.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Primolut-N is a progesterone only pill and it does not provide you protection against pregnancy. You will have to take an I-pill to be safe.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.