Can I take HCG diet with low calorie diet and take phendimetrazine for hunger control? History of post gastric bypass.

Question
Hello- I have tried the hcg diet last year with great success- I only gained back 4 lbs over a year, but only did one round. I went to a diet doctor and he prescribed me phendimetrazine. I have taken it for 7 weeks with 14 lbs lost. I feel like I lost weight so quickly on hcg, had very few side effects and was wondering if I could use the Hcg with the low calorie diet and add just one phendametrizine for hunger control? I am 45 years old, female in very good health. I am also post gastric bypass patient (3 years out). I started at 320lbs and am now at 157. I am 5'4" tall- my diet dr says I need to weigh 115! That sounds extreme to me--but in any event I would still like to lose 25 more lbs. Can the two be taken safely together? It is sublingual hcg-not injections and the phendimetrizine is supposed to be three times a day at 35 mg-- i am only taking one
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Phendimetrazine is an appetite suppressant. HCG drops are non hormonal herbal preparation for weight loss whose composition has not been disclosed. There is no literature available regarding the drug interactions between these two. Hcg drops have not been studied under randomized controlled trials for its efficacy and safety.
Under such a situation the effect of combining the two is difficult to predict.
It is best however not to combine these two as sudden weight loss caused by these two might have a detrimental effect on your health.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can I take HCG diet with low calorie diet and take phendimetrazine for hunger control? History of post gastric bypass. 3 hours later
What is the recommended weight for a 45 year old female of good health 5'4" tall? Is 115 correct? I am becoming discouraged as after such a huge loss I am not even close to what my diet dr says I should be at....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

Your current BMI (Body Mass Index) is 26.9. Medical Recommendation of ideal weight for you is 111 - 146 lbs to maintain a normal BMI.

Do not be discouraged. You have almost achieved your goal.

Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.