Can I take Gynera tablets to prevent pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Hi , I am 35 years old , I have unprotected sex 16 hours ago , can I take 6 pills of Gynera tablets and repeat the dose after 12 hours to prevent my self from getting pregnant. My expected menses is 7 days from today. Many thanks
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gynera can be used as emergency contraception. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Studies have proven low dose combined pills like Gyera can be taken as Emergency contraceptive pills, 4 pills to be taken as soon as possible (preferably within 72hours) and another 4 pills 12 hours later. Delay in taking the first dose will decrease the efficacy. Problem with taking these pills are nausea and vomiting, which needs to be addressed. Also you should remember these pills are contraindicated in persons who have:a history of venous or arterial thrombotic/thromboembolic events, migraine, severe hypertension or diabetes or any liver disorders. I presume you are not having any these factors. The effectiveness of this regimen is almost 75% in preventing pregnancy. Kindly visit your doctor for clinical examination and for a prescription. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Althea to prevent pimples
- Can i take gynera tablets to prevent pregnancy
- Postinor 2 with gynera tablet
- Deviry tablet to prevent pregnancy
- Bloating living in high altitude
- Is it safe to take gynera to avoid pregnancy
- Costochondritis high altitude
- Leptaden tablets prevent pregnancy
- Gianvi birth control start day
- Althea and nabothian cyst
- Crystal meth and the birth control pill
- Althea still over the counter?
- Birth control pills to increase curves
- Cyproheptadine with birth control
- Birth control pill cyclo progynova