Can I take Flexeril along with Baclofen and Valium for muscle spasms and multiple sclerosis?

Nov 2013

I have MS in exacerbation at this time. I currently take Baclofen 20mg @ 6 a 20mg @ 12 noon 40mg @ hs. Valium 2 mg q 8hr added for increased muscle spasms. Would Flexeril 10mg q 12hr be a better therapy?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Generally, baclofen and valium are more effective than flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for treating spasticity/muscle spasms, in multiple sclerosis. Flexeril is mainly indicated in muscle spasms in acute, painful, musculoskeletal conditions. If baclofen is not providing adequate relief, botox injections could be tried as an alternative in your case. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: