Can I take Doxepin with Hydroxyzine?

Feb 2013

Can I take Doxepin with Hydroxyzine?
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

As hydroxyzine is a sedative antihistamine, it will augment the sedative effects of the other sedative medication like Doxepin.

Hydroxyzine has moderate drug interactions with Doxepin.

Using hydroxyzine together with Doxepin may increase the side effects like drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, abdominal cramps, rapid heart beat, and confusion.

I advise you not to use the drugs without a doctor prescription especially already using some other medication for a different problem.

Therefore I advise you to consult your physician for the advise of nonsedating oral antihistamine or modification in the dosage of hydroxyzine.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.