Can I take 'Darvuset' and 'Tessalon' together for bronchitis with back and neck pain?

Apr 2014

Can I take darvuset and tessalon together? I was diagnosed with bronchitis and I'm hAving severe back and neck pain! I feel like the ibruprofen is not working!
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes,you can take both drugs together. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,you can take both drugs together.You are suffering form bronchitis and backache so you need these two different drugs.You are not responding to ibuprofen so you need strong analgesics.Besides this you need rest and warm compression over neck and back. Darvocet contains Dextropropoxyphene and Acetaminophen and it is mainly used to reduce pain. Dextropropoxyphene is primarily an analgesic due to its opioid activity and it also has cough suppressant activity. Tessalon contains Benzonatate and it is a non-narcotic oral cough suppressant.It is used to treat cough caused by bronchitis,common cold etc.It works by reducing the reflex in the lungs that stimulates cough. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX