Can I take Actalin while on Levothyroxin?

Endocrinologist
Question
Hello Dr,I was wondering if I can take Actalin while on Levothyroxin which I have been taking for years. During that time I've lost most of my eyebrows and gained quite a lot of weight. Thank you in advance for any advice. XXXXXXX M. XXXXXXX ( YYYY@YYYY )
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended

Detailed Answer:
There is no need to take any supplements to boost your thyroid other than levothyroxine.
I am aware of the ingredients of actalin. It is not going to benefit your thyroid in any way.
To ensure you are getting the right dose of levothyroxine, please make sure your thyroid labs are fine. This includes a TSH and a free T4