Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement?

Psychiatrist
Question
can I take abilify,trihexyphenidyl,and klonopin with a brain supplement called (focus formula with attention factors)?... need advice please need a good brain supplement for college and work....
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: you may take it Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You have stated that you are on abilify klonopin and trihexyphenidyl and I assume that you are having psychosis. In psychosis the problem with attention and concentration are very common. Many of my patients have come up with the similar query and i have advised them that they may take focus formula with attention factors ( brain suppliments). There are no major interactions but the efficacy is doubtful. Youbcan still try that out. The other option which you can discuss with your psychiatrist is taking methylphenidate 10mg daily during college hoirs and this will improve the attention as well. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 18 minutes later
thank you awesome... so I.should be fine with taking focus formula the whole reason of me taking it because of help with concentraion/memory.... without any type of adderrall that's not really a good drug it causes weight loss plus a crash...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you may take it Detailed Answer: Hello I understand your concerns about adderal. You may take the focus formula. Regards Dr.Srikanth

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 1 hour later
I was told by my pharmacist herbal products were not good to take with my Meds abilify trihexyphenidyl and klonopin.... are we talking about the same product black box with human brain in front with red and green letters?....

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes its the same one Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up question. Yes its the same product produced by windmill with contents as DHA Huperzine-A Vinpocetine To improve attention and concentration. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 1 minute later
yes that's it.... how long should it be and how will I know a difference that its works?how effective may this be for college?.... I want to be more of an productive student...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: In 1-2 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello I advise my patients to take a it for a few weeks and it should show improvement in 1-2 weeks. If it is showing no improvement by the end of 1 month then I advise them to discontinue it. But keep your treating psychiatrists informed that you are adding up this herbal preparation along with the primary medications. he efficacy is doubtful as very few of my patients have reported improvement with this combination while they started on their own. I personally dont prescribe my patients this option. You may give a try for a few weeks and look for the improvement. regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 8 minutes later
Ook so what would you provide for concentration/attention/memory for college student that won't or don't want to take adderall or ritalin.... they both cause weight loss...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Bupropion Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up query. In my patients I suggest them to take a trial of Bupropion XL 150mg. This drug acts on the nor adrenaline and dopamine and increases alertness and attention as well. It is used in adult ADHD as well. Its safe, doesnt increase weight, its allopathic and hence the data is authentic. Hope that helps, Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 3 hours later
I thought that was for antidepressant?Ook.... well one more question.... is taking herbal products with the Meds I'm on is that ok... depending on the herb?...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you are right to some extent Detailed Answer: Hello Bupropion is primarily an antidepressant but it is also found to be useful in ADHD and other psychotic patients who have reported problems with attention and concentration. This has benefited many of my patients. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 6 hours later
Ook

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Kind regards Detailed Answer: Hello It would be nice to have a feed back from you if you are satisfied with the answer. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

have u ever heard of addtabz?.... alternative of adderall no side effects and was wondering if that maybe a safer solution....

Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hello Addtabz is produced by gentech pharma and they are not available in India and hence I dont have much information about it. I have never used it and hence cannot comment about the efficacy. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Ook well yea they are here a 100% safe and you feel the effects of it right away...

Brief Answer: Thats great Detailed Answer: Hello Infact most of the stimulant medications have its effects immediately. And probably your choice could also be acting very fast. As I have never seen the effects in my patients, I was not comfortable in recommending that to you. Meditation and power yoga also improves concentration. Those can be tried as well. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 7 minutes later
I take mediation classes now.... I need more practice but will get to it...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Meditation classes will be useful Detailed Answer: Hello Meditation is useful and its good that you have started them already. You will probably benefit with the treatment as well. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 6 minutes later
mediation I try on my own but its pretty hard to do...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yeah thats true Detailed Answer: Hello Meditation is difficult initially but it comes with practice. The meditation techniques focusing on the breathing techniques are very effective and take little efforts. You are meant to keep your back straight and just concentrate on your breath. Let the thoughts come in and go and do not stop them. Then start feeling one part each time gradually. Even yoga is useful. it combines meditation and relaxation exercises. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

great so its pretty simple.... yea ill get to it everynight for ten minutes ill try a meditation...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure Detailed Answer: Hello You may try it tonight and let me know how you feel tomorrow. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

yea

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 0 minute later
Brief Answer: Good day Detailed Answer: Good day

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 44 hours later
are herbal supplements safe with the medications that I take to stay focus?.. I'm taking healthy brain all day focus....

Brief Answer: Its ok to take them Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow-up query. Yes it should be safe to take "Healthy Brain All Day Focus" with your current treatment. Try avoiding herbs containing St Jhons Wort which can lead to serotonin syndrome. How was your meditation exercise. It might surely have gone good. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

meditation cool.... I think I told u bout addtabz but I thought of that being a back up... if healthy all day focus don't work... how long will it take you think to feel the effect?...

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: 2-3 days Detailed Answer: Hello Yes the meditation should be effective. Regarding your herbal back up, the benefits if any should be evident in 2-3 days. Try using it for a week at least. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 5 minutes later
how would I know that the product is working?.... what will I notice?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Time an activity Detailed Answer: Hello Identify a small chapter in a book and measure the time you would take to read it. With improvement in attention and concentration the time taken to read the chapter will be less. Try testing it daily after you start taking the herbal treatment. Also you would certainly feel the difference during the day to day task. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 9 minutes later
Kk... well I have addtabz too... could I use both?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its better to try them one after the other Detailed Answer: Hello Its better to use it one after other. There are some related common ingredients which can augment each other. Also keep your treating psychiatrist informed that you are taking these herbal medicines as well. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy

ok

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do share with me the improvement Detailed Answer: Hello Do share with me if you notice any improvement. In that case I may use it in my other patients as well. Dr. Srikanth Reddy

cool ok I will... ill try it for a week... its just I get distracted with my books.... reading long chapters and studying...

Brief Answer: Its a sign of in attention Detailed Answer: Hello The fact that you you get distracted suggest that you have problem with attention. It will improve with treatment. In case if the link is not active after a week you can contact me on bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Can I take Abilify,Trihexyphenidyl and Klonopin with a brain supplement? 17 minutes later
I'm already paying for this program... and I don't rreally plan on taking adderall or ritalin....

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes but the improvement is not satisfactory Detailed Answer: Hello I uderstand that you are not planning to take adderal or ritalin. You may try the herbal remedies and then also keep monitoring your attention and concentration. I know that you are paying, but if the question thread remains unused for a week, it may become inactive. I gave you the link that in-case the link becomes inactive. Its just a precaution so that we don't loose contact. Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD