Can I substitute Epilex chrono for Encorate chrono?

I take encorate chrono 500 everyday after dinner. Today I don't have it . I however have access to epilex chrono 500 . is it the same thing . Is it Ok if i take this medicine instead of encorate chrono for one day ?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Your question is a very straightforward one and I can tell you quickly and with confidence that it is ok to take the epilex chrono as an alternative today and resume the encorate tomorrow when you have access to it. You can do this without harm and it will continue to maintain mood stabilization without any problems. For a single day you will be fine and then resume the medication as prescribed tomorrow.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my answer to be helpful and informative. Should you have additional concerns I am available to address them.

Dr. Galamaga