Can I stop an active birth control pill on 14th day, have a seven day break and start the pill again? Protection required?

I am on XXXXXXX 35 for birth control, i was wondering if i could stop the pill and get my period before the 21 days? i.e. stop an active pill on the 14th day, have a 7 day break for my period and then start the active pill again. would i have to use protection on the first day of my active pill? or the 7 days proceeding that?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Follow-up: Can I stop an active birth control pill on 14th day, have a seven day break and start the pill again? Protection required? 3 minutes later
i have been using panadine (paracetamol 500mg with codeine 8mg) for migraines for the last 6 months but now i feel that i need to take more than two (e.g. after 4-6 hrs the panadine wears off and i have to take another 2), whereas in the beginning the pain would go away and not come back after the first two. is it possible that my body is "getting use" to the drug? is this a problem? i have tried asprin before and just panadol but neither help with the migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
You can stop the active pill on 14th day and expect your periods around 16-17th day. After the bleeding starts, it is recommended that you start with the active pill again on around 18th day- day 2 of the bleeding.
You need to use a protection from 14 th day - when you stopped taking pill midcycle till the first 10 days of your next packet.
I hope you understand what i mean. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.