Can I start taking a new RX for seasonale before my next menstrual cycle ?

General Surgeon
can i start taking a new RX for seasonale before my next menstral cycle
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 50 minutes later

Seasonale (contains Levonorgestrel - ethinyl estradiol ) is a combination birth control pill used to prevent pregnancy.

It prevent pregnancies by preventing ovulation (the release of egg from an ovary) and causing changes in the cervical mucus , making it difficult for sperm to penetrate and for an egg to implant.

The dose of this birth control pill is one tablet daily at the same time each day.

Best time to start seasonale is the first day of your menstrual period (bleeding) is known as Day 1.

For best result ,ideally it should be started on the first day of your cycle ,not before menstrual cycle.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries