Can I run having a bad allergy?

Please can you tell me if is XXXXXXX running in competition truck if you have a bad allergy?
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It would depend on the allergy. If you are allergic to types of foods then it is unlikely to cause a problem unless the food is present in the area where you are going to be ( for example if you have a peanut allergy) or you consume it accidentally.

If you are allergic to environmental allergens such as dust, mold, pollen, animal dander then it is possible that an allergic attack could occur. You may want to consider the use of antihistamine and topical nasal spray to help you.

If you have a history of asthma then it is best to optimise your control before you are exposed to any potential allergens.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions