Can I retract foreskin with some stretching? Using steroid cream?

Question
can you tell me if I will be able to retract my foreskin with some stretching if I send a photo?

maybe using steroid cream too?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steroid creams are effective

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Steroid creams are used to help males with difficulty retracting foreskin. The steroid breaks down any adhesions/connections that may be preventing the skin from retracting fully.

One commonly used cream is triamcinolone cream 0.1%, these creams make take up to 6 weeks to have an effect. It is to be applied 2 to 3 times daily, the foreskin is pushed back as far as it can go and the cream is applied.
Rub in gently.

If after 6 weeks of consistent use, there is still difficulty with retraction, you may want to consider circumcision.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Can I retract foreskin with some stretching? Using steroid cream? 4 minutes later
ok thank you. the reason I ask is because I am getting a discharge and no other symptoms which leads me to believe that its because I don't retract.

does this seem plausible to you?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is highly plausible

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The foreskin is normally suppose to retracted daily to allow removal of any smegma. Smegma is a combination of old skin cells, oil and moisture.It would normally have a white or slight yellow appearance.

The steroid cream may be available over the counter, you can use it for the 6 weeks and it should help with retraction and smegma removal.

Please feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Can I retract foreskin with some stretching? Using steroid cream? 5 minutes later
I have been prescribed eumovate cream...is that suitable?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be applied

Detailed Answer:
HI

yes, this can also be used for the same time frame

Follow-up: Can I retract foreskin with some stretching? Using steroid cream? 18 minutes later
would this type of discharge pose a problem to me or my girlfriend?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not sexually transmitted infections

Detailed Answer:
HI

Smegma is not considered infective and would not pose a problems in terms of transmitting a sexually transmitted infection..

Collection however increases the risk of recurrent bacterial or fungal infections in the penis. The smegma encourages the growth of these organisms, this is the reason it is advised that the area is cleaned daily.

IN the long term , in older men, a previous history of recurrent infections is one of the risk factors for penile cancer.
This risk would be eliminated once the foreskin is able to be retracted in a few weeks and you are able to clean the glans properly.

Please feel free to ask anything else