Can I mastrubate after having artificial insemination done?

I must be crazy, but can I masterbate after having artificial insemination done? IT is weird how I get really horny each time after the procedure. Am I abnormal? I do not want to jeopardize any possibility of act that will interfere with it since I am being careful and on bed rest after the procedure.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX It is not abnormal to get sexual desire after the procedure. About doing masturbation, physiologically it should not interfere with the process of fertilization. Only one sperm is needed for fertilization and that much semen would stay inside. The only issue that can happen is some type of infection as some instrumentation must have been done. Instrumentation predisposes temporarily to infections and the risk decreases once the wound (due to instrumentation) is healed. I personally think that you should avoid masturbation for a few days after artificial insemination. The reason is that you do not want to get guilty feelings if something goes wrong. Take care Dr Vaishalee