Can I lose enough weight by 1400 calories in my diet?

I am 23 years old a female also I am 5'7 my weight is 168 I really want to be at a healthier weight to get there is 1400 calories enough food to eat daily?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
According to the measurements you have provided, you do need to reduce some weight. To achieve your goal, restrict your calorie intake around 1200 k cal per day. Eliminate food items containing sugar and fat from your diet. Increase consumption of salad and fruits in your diet as it will mobilize your fat. Using these principle and according to your dietary habits prepare your own diet chart and stick to that plan.
Following steps will be helpful to reduce weight:
• Buy one weighing machine preferably digital and measure weight every week, on a fixed day and on empty stomach in morning. Write weight in front of date in calendar or diary.
• Most important thing to lose weight is to remain motivated towards your goal. So fix your goal in form of target weight. Target around 2 kg weight reduction in every month as it will not disturb physiological functioning of body.
• Inform your family members about your plan to reduce weight as it will help to continue your motivation towards your goal.
• Make your dietary chart as what have you eaten in last day and calculate calorie value of that food. You can get calorie value of food items easily on net.
• Do not try to reduce weight very fast as it is harmful to health.
• In exercise plan: Incorporate aerobics and brisk walk in your exercise plan at least for 30 min a day.
We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management
Program with Diet Plan and Exercise. You can take their help at this link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this will help you. I will be available for follow up.