Can I keep taking OxyElite as usual and introduce YAZ birth control pill at a later time?

I am on this diet pill called OxyElite Pro. It contains around six ingredients.. some being plant extracts that affect thyroid levels. Anyway I need to get on the YAZ birth control pill TODAY because I just started my period, and my husband is comming back from deployment in about 10 days.. so imidiate protection against pregnancy is neccessary.

My question is: can I keep on taking OxyElite Pro ( 1 pill @8am & 1 pill @4pm) like I've been doing and just introduce the YAZ birth control pill @ 10 pm?.. that way the drug effect wont mix?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 32 minutes later

First of all let me tell you that what you are taking is not extensively studied drug in medical science. It's exact mechanism is not known, it is said to have some effect on thyroid hormone and it helps in reducing fat. Still this are not supported by sufficient scientific data.

The best thing for you to visit your physician take his advise before taking any prescription drugs.

Apart from this the purpose for which you are planning to take YAZ birth control
pills also needs to looked for.

Please understand that no birth control pills are 100% effective in first cycle. Along with pills you have to use barrier method for the first month. After first month you can rely upon it for contraception.

Please see your physician and take his advise in this matter. Also see that whether you should be really taking the so called weight loss product. Take your physicians advise for the possible reasons for your over weight and ways to reduce it.

I hope this helps, if you have any further queries, please write again. I will gladly reply it.

With regards,