Can I increase the dose of Januvia from 150mg?

Can I increase the Januvia dose to 150 mg. !00 in the morning and 50 at night?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 11 days later
The maximum recommended dose for Januvia in a person with type 2 diabetes is 100 mg. For this dose to be prescribed it is important to ascertain that the estimated GFR (an indirect assessment of kidney function; typically determined from a blood test called serum creatinine) is greater than 60.

The above weblink may help you get an idea about your estimated GFR

If the value is less than 60, then dose adjustments for kidney function are necessary and lower doses like 50 mg and 25 mg need to be considered.
So the FDA approved dose for Januvia as indicated for use in type 2 diabetes is a maximum of 100 mg, once daily without regard to meals.