Can I have androgenetic hair fall due to vitamin-D deficiency?

I would like to know how can i tell apart androgenetic hair fall and hair loss due to vitamin D deficiency from the apearance of one's sculp.
I appreciate it.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Androgenetic hair fall: Here the person will have typical male pattern baldness(hair fall). The pattern will be similar to their father's pattern of baldness, since it is related to gene. The hairline gradually moves backward, more hair loss in temporal side so that there will be M shape.

In vitamin D deficiency there will be diffuse loss of hair. It does not follow any pattern. Need to check for vitamin D level, if deficient then with vitamin D supplement there will be stoppage of hair falling and also regrowth of hair.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further examination and management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.