Can I have a baby with these semen analysis results?

hello doctor, i have done my semen analysis today...these are the results color:opaque, liquification time - 30 min, viscosity - normal, total count -80milionl/ml, motility: active - 30%, sluggish - 30% non-motile - 40% Morphology: Normal :95%, Pin head:02%, Others -03%. Pus cells 12-14/ this good for fertility. am worried about the pus cells
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later
Hello Ratheesh,

Thanks for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long are you married and planning for a Baby?
2.) Is every report of your wife normal?
3.) Do you have any testicular swelling?
4.) Do you have reduce facial or body hair?
5.) Do you have low sex drive or difficulty maintaining a erection?

Your History and Liquefaction time and Increased Pus cells. Both these suggest you have a Infection. Your sperm motility is also less as against normal motility which should be 60%. This is called Asthenospermia.

Reduced sperm motility may cause difficulty for you to induce pregnancy..

Kindly get yourself examined by a Urologist so that he/she may examine you and if necessary, order few more tests like blood work up and Urinalysis to rule out a Infection. Once confirmed, you will be prescribed antibiotics for Pus cells in your semen. Your treating Doctor will know better.

For poor sperm motility, speak to your Doctor as he/she may prescribe you Hormonal drugs like Clomiphene, HMG or HCG which may increase the motility. Just take the Medicines as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up.

If the medicines don't help you and your wife's reports are normal, you can try other methods of conception like Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), your treating Doctor will be able to explain it to you better.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Increase the frequency of sex you have every week. At least thrice a week
2.) Avoid stress eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
3.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
4.) Avoid stress and practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation
5.) Avoid the use of lubricant
6.) Exercise regularly for an hour and maintain a Healthy weight.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Take Care.