Can I have Acyclovir antibiotic for ear infection?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not ok, see below for details Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, First of all do not take acyclovir before a doctor takes a look at you. If you can be more specific about your ear problem I can help you out. I want discuss your symptoms in detail before commenting on it. I am waiting for your response. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: Can I have Acyclovir antibiotic for ear infection? 2 hours later
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thanks for the details. Pain in the ears suggests infecton of the ear. Take any over the counter pain killer after checking the dosage. Pain below the ear suggests blockage of the eustachian tube. It is the tube connecting the nose to the ear. It gets blocked due to infection. Pain can be relieved only if the tube opens up. Tube can be opened by instilling decongestant nose drops like otrivin. Instill 3 drops of otrivin in each nostril and after 10 minutes do steam inhalation. Repeat the procedure 3 times a day for 5 days. For correct method of instilling drops please read the crimp. Otrivin is available over the counter and does not need a prescription. Chewing gum and blowing balloons can also open the tube. If the pain does not come down in 2 more days then you will require antibiotics of the penicillin group. They are not available over the counter so you will have to pay a visit to the doctor. Drink plenty of fluids and avoid air conditioning. Sleep with an extra pillow to reduce congestion and pain. Regards, Dr Rajkishori
People also viewed
- Treatment of high level urea in blood
- Can ear wax cause whooshing in ears and headaches?
- Treatment for pimple on my vulva
- Cipro antibiotic for ear infection
- Oral antibiotics for ear infections
- Traction during slip disk
- Can coxsackie virus cause sacroilitis
- Antibiotics for inner ear infection
- Post nasal drip cause lymph nodes to swell
- Treatment of polio effected legs by operation
- Does a deviated septum cause palpitations
- Tiny blisters on foreskin
- Can i have acyclovir antibiotic for ear infection
- What causes a deviated uvula
- Natural antibiotic for ear infections