Can I give bestozyme to improve digestion? Will this increase height at this age?

My son is going to be 17 . he has not yet achieved sufficient height .Although he is very fit he does not seem big enough for his age . Can I give him any digestive like bestozyme to enhance his digestion as the problem seems to be with his digestion.
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 27 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

You can give Bestozyme to improve your son's digestion. However do not expect that to increase the height. Remaining fit and healthy is more important.

The final height of an individual depends on a number of factors:
1. Genetic.
2. Hormonal.
3. Nutritional.
4. Environment.
The heights of parents and grand-parents have a bearing on the final height of a child due to genetic factors. Improved nutrition makes a difference in the final height.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your son all the best.