Can I give a small dose of Tulsi green tea to child?

Can I give a small dose of Tulsi green tea to my 23 months old son.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sure... You can...

Detailed Answer:

I haven't heard of any scientific evidence to avoid tulsi green tea to a 23 months child. He can take it if he is able tolerating it well.

Some children may feel nauseated or may vomit. If he develops similar symptoms, with hold it and try it a few days later.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Can I give a small dose of Tulsi green tea to child? 5 minutes later
Can you give a diet plan for my son...for a week?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diet plan not recommended...

Detailed Answer:
This question has been put to me by multiple mothers.

Children at this age like to explore and love to eat what they like. Resisting them and putting a strict diet plan often is a failed attempt. If your son is growing well in terms of weight and height and achieving all mile stones appropriately, then he is getting his nutrition in the right way. You do not need to implement dietary restriction or plan a specific diet if he has no medical illness and his weight is appropriate.

Do not force what you like to eat or what others prefer him to eat; let him choose his breakfast, lunch and dinner. Off course high calorie food like sweets, chocolates and ice cream can be hard on his teeth and appetite, you may restrict them. Instead provide him with varieties of fruits and vegetables.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need clarification.
If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.