Can I give Pacitane for my child after treatment for accidentally swallowing sizodon?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
3 years baby ate sizodon 3 days back accidentally. she was treated and discharged. Now she is gazing above and drawing her tongue. Can I use Pacitane as suggested by the psychiatrist at .25 mg?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can give pacitane Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Sizodon is resperidone. It can cause extra pyramidal symptoms and tremors. I think your kid may be experiencing these only. Pacitane is the right choice for extra pyramidal symptoms. You can give 0.25 mg which is the right dose twicea day. The symptoms should settle down in another 2 days. Do not worry. If still persisting after 2 days, your kid needs reassessment. Note : Always keep all medicines used in home locked in a high cupboard. This is to prevent future accidents. Regards Dr Arun