Can I give Meftal P for my child suffering from fever?

Hello doctor my daughter 2 year . She got fever from yesterday night . We given crosin 5ml at 6.00pm night 9.30am and then 2.30 am but tempertature is still 102. We have mefathalP shall we give it? or now we have to go hospital. Fever not reducing after giving crosin
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Yes, you an give a dose (5ml) of Meftal P now. This is better than crocin in treating high fever. Also give Tepid sponging to the baby (Wipe baby's body with cloth soaked in cold water). Do take her to the doctor in the morning for sure. She may be needing antibiotics. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Can I give Meftal P for my child suffering from fever? 5 hours later
Thanks doctor After giving mefathal She is now ok shall we continue the dose or need to visit doctor if continue how long?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Please visit the specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Meftal is a symptomatic treatment. Fever may come back if no treated with antibiotics to cure the infection which is the cause for fever. Hence do visit the specialist Regards,