Can I get tronsillitis by giving oral sex to my boyfriend?

Question
Can i get tronsillitis by giving oral sex to my boyfriend?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
If your partner is diagnosed with an STI, you should see a medical provider to be tested and possibly treated. If he does not have any the chances are less.
I advice you to use some antiseptic mouth wash after oral sex, it will decrease the chances of any oral infection.
Tonsillitis is not as common in adults, so chances is less
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Can I get tronsillitis by giving oral sex to my boyfriend? 24 hours later
I visited a doctor and I was diagnosed by mono. Is it possible that I might have got it from oral sex? And how long does it take for the white patches in my throat to go away?
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

Mononucleosis, or mono, is often spread by saliva and close contact. It is known as "the kissing disease.

The goal of treatment is to relieve symptoms. I advice you to Drink plenty of fluids. Gargle with warm salt water to ease a sore throat. Get plenty of rest. Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and fever.

The fever usually drops in 10 days, and swollen lymph glands and spleen heal in 4 weeks. Fatigue usually goes away within a few weeks.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Can I get tronsillitis by giving oral sex to my boyfriend? 6 hours later
Thank you for the answer. Just.one last questions, what foods are better to be used. Especially for the swollen spleen, and when do the white patches in my throat go away?

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 hours later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

It depends on individual to individual usually the patches will disappear in one to two weeks.

The cause for enlarged spleen should be found and treated, it will help in decreasing the size.

Information provided on the net suggests that, A tea made from XXXXXXX tree bark can cleanse the lymphatic system and shrink an enlarged spleen. A diet high in fruit, along with plenty of water, will help keep the lymphatic system clean. I don't have any information about it's effectiveness. I advice you to avoid alcohol as it can play a role.

Wish you good health.