Can I get pregnant from incomplete penetration without ejaculation?

Can I get pregnant from incomplete penetration (it only went in about 2 inches) and he didn't ejaculate inside. It was only inside me for about one minute, but Im very concerned because I know Im ovulating around now. Do you think I should take plan B to be safe?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
You cannot get pregnant if there was no ejaculation.But you need to absolutely sure that there was no ejaculation /pre-cum. If you are within day 12-16 of your cycle ,you may be ovulating so in which case,Plan B should be a safe option if you arent sure about the ejaculation.
Follow-up: Can I get pregnant from incomplete penetration without ejaculation? 10 minutes later
I am 100% sure he didn't ejaculate inside, but I have no idea if there was any precum. But he only went like 2 inches in so that is why I thought that it isn't a problem. Do you still think I should take plan B, even though he didn't ejacualte inside at all?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
If there was no ejaculation then chances of pregnancy are very low.If you cant be sure about pre cum then take plan B.Normally, complete penetration is needed and spillage inside is necessary but even without full penetration if there is adequate lubrication then there may be a low chance of pregnancy.So,if you are sure that you are in the ovulation phase then dont take a chance if there is a possibility that there was any pre ejaculate involved.
Follow-up: Can I get pregnant from incomplete penetration without ejaculation? 2 days later
Thanks for the information.

I have one more question about this. If he only went in a couple of inches and didn't ejaculate inside (but there could be precum) am I at risk of contracting HIV since he didn't use a condom? Im kind of freaked out, because the morning after I was with him I woke up with flu like symptoms. I didn't feel well all morning and then by 6pm I had a fever of 101.5, my throat hurt and my lymph nodes were swollen. I'm concerned that I have acute retroviral syndrome! I know this usually only occur 2-4 wks after exposure but it is possible for it to occur the day after exposure?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later
Yes there is chance of transmission of Hiv and other sti. But the acute symptoms take longer to develop. you could be having some respiratory infection.