Can I get pregnant by touching private parts?

Question
Hi, I and my girlfriend never had sex but i have fingered her many times. i never took off my pants, but ya have ejaculated in my pants.we never touched our private parts directly. am scared that i might have touched my wet pants before touching her vagina. she had her last MC in November 2011, please help!!!
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Teen Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Do not worry. There is no way you could get your girl friend pregnant by just touching her private parts and touching your wet pants. For pregnancy to be possible, it needs the deposition of sperms near or in the vagina. Hence, the cause of her delayed periods is not likely to be pregnancy.

If this answer is not convincing you, you can ask your girl friend to get a urine pregnancy test done using preg card.

The cause of delayed periods is probably some hormonal disturbances, polycystic ovaries, anemia and so on. A detailed examination by a competent gynecologist along with some relevant investigations will help us narrow down the possibilities.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant by touching private parts? 39 minutes later
As i mentioned i had ejaculated in my pants, so its obvious the my sperms would have come into contact with my hands when i touched it by mistake. After which i fingered my Gf's vagina which was also wet from inside.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The chances of pregnancy with indirect transfer of sperms through your hands are negligible. Do not worry. Since the sperms were not directly deposited in the vagina, there is nothing to worry.
Please get her urine tested for pregnancy to be doubly sure.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant by touching private parts? 22 hours later
She is not willing to take the test. What if the test is positive? What should be done to avoid it? Is it something serious or is it a mild treatment? My girlfriend is afraid of going to the gynac with the fear of being tested positive.

Hello.

She need not be afraid of going to a gynecologist. Without a urine test the pregnancy cannot be ruled out. The treatment depends on the cause.
Avoiding a visit to gynecologist will not solve her problem. Do provide her a good emotional support and ask her to think rationally.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant by touching private parts? 3 days later

First of all, I would like to thank you for your help.

My girl friend did the home pregnancy test (Preg News) and the results were negative. But still her periods have not started. Before contacting you on healthcare, On 21st XXXXXXX her gynac gave her meprate 10 mg for 3 days and told her to visit again if the MC doesn't start by 31st XXXXXXX
Am confused, the urine test at home was negative but still there is no sign of her MC's....? Is this (PregNews) test valid ?

If the pregnancy test is negative, then she is not pregnant for sure. The test kits are sensitive and rarely give a false negative result.

Delayed periods can be due to other reasons also as I have mentioned earlier- like hormonal disturbances, polycystic ovaries, anemia, etc. After taking Meprate for 3 days, she should have her periods within 3-4 days of stopping the drug.

If this has happened for the first time, then you can just wait and watch for her periods to be regular in future. Otherwise she needs to be investigated properly to find out the cause.

Regards.