Can I get pregnant after unprotected sex post two months of delivery?

Psychiatrist
Question
I delivered my first baby on sep 25,2013...had my first period on 22nd oct and the next on 15th nov. And I had unprotected sex on 22,23 n 24 ( 9th n 10th day after period). Still I didnt get my period for this dec month. Will I be pregnant? Pls help.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi Indhu, Thanks for sending in your query. After delivery, periods in a women can resume any time after a month and you seem to have got it a bit earlier. A woman can get pregnant any time after two months of delivery is she has unprotected sex in 20% of cases. This usually differs with the population. You have written that your last period was on 15th Nov and you had unprotected sex om 22, 23 and 24 Nov. Since we are now approaching the end of the year and your periods were to happen around 15th Dec, it is possible that you may be pregnant and this will be accurately seen in a home pregnancy test if done now. If the results of ho,e pregnancy test are negative then you periods might be delayed due to hormonal factors. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant after unprotected sex post two months of delivery? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor. Are there any pills to get periods that I can get from shops?

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please confirm pregnancy first Detailed Answer: Hi Indhu, Thanks for writing back with an update. I would suggest you to first take the home pregnancy test and confirm your pregnancy. Pills are available but as per ehealthcare policy guidelines, we at WWW.WWWW.WW do no give any prescribing information online. I request you to contact a gynecologist for prescription of pills in necessary. Also you might be breast feeding your baby and this must also be discussed with your doctor should you have to take any pill. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant after unprotected sex post two months of delivery? 3 minutes later
Ok doctor. Its 46 days since I get my periods. If hormonal imbalance is the reason fr missed petiod how I can make it right. Between I will take the test without fail.

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi Indhu, Thanks for writing back with an update. While getting a home pregnancy test would be important first. You may have delayed or absent periods if you are breastfeeding your baby regularly. This is normal and due to hormonal changes. So you must not worry about making it right, instead you can continue breastfeeding your baby without worrying about your periods. Some women may have absent periods for more than 6 months after having a baby while breastfeeding. You must always have protected sex because conception can occur even without periods sometimes. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor