Can I get HIV infection by using human chorionic gonadotropin?

I have been using hcg and lost 35 pounds over a long period and now my doctor says it's XXXXXXX and you can get the hiv virus. the hcg i use is from a clinic with a naturalpath and the labs obtaining the hcg are in India and then transported in a freeze dried state to a fda approved lab and the the hormone is screened 7-10 times. does this guarantee i will not get the hiv virus? thank so much.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later

Any hormone,blood etc that happens to extracted from a human for transfusion into another human is mandatorily checked for HIV and a host of other infections like hep b etc .All these have to undergo strict testing several times before they are ready for transfusion.
You are correct,all the labs test them several times over a period of months before exporting them.The HIV virus has a window period of 3 weeks to 3 months and should be checked after this time period once the sample has been collected.That is done in the labs and the samples are kept for several months during processing before they are shipped out all over the world.This testing is mandatory by law.

Infected samples would be discarded so chances of infection via this method is almost nil.Also the HIV virus doesn't survive outside the body for much long.

Hiv transmission via hormone isn't likely.False negative tests are very rare and that's why these tests are done multiple times.

Follow-up: Can I get HIV infection by using human chorionic gonadotropin? 33 minutes later
I have also read that that fact they freeze dry would kill anything....much relief thank you so much! ;D
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Yes XXXXXXX the virus cant stand such extreme temperatures.I dont think you have anything to worry about.